Conference organization starts a maximum of 6 months before the event date. Large conference planning needs to be commenced one-year in advance. There will be a lot of aspects to determine and monitor. Where to start? How to choose an ideal venue? Which speakers to invite? It is normal to feel concerned because conference organizing is a demanding project. Below are a few steps to follow, which can make your endeavor a lot easy.
Gather an A-team
You will need an A-team, who will be responsible to handle the different facets of planning, consultations, and promotion.
- The planning team will take care of the conference venue, activities, catering, and accommodation.
- The administration team will determine the budget and handle attendee registration and ticket sales. It will be the main contact point for conference-related queries.
- The marketing team will create promotional material, contact the media, as well as manage social media activities, blog, and your website.
- The sponsorship team will be in charge of fundraising, securing sponsors, and applying for grants.
- Volunteers help with conference day on-site activities like ticket scanning, door management, wardrobe manning, guiding people, etc.
Your main task will be to manage the team, delegate tasks, and set priorities.
Budget planning helps to set conference participation price. The common items you will need to determine the budget includes –
- Speaker fees
- Team members
You can prepare a budget with accurate estimates from Hotel Chateau. Just ask them for a quote! You can even get discounts on a yearly contract for their stunning salle de réunion Bromont [meeting room in Bromont].
Determine a date
A conference with 300 participants lasts for 2 -days and the large more in-depth ones can stretch longer.
- The date must not clash with major festivals.
- Avoid vacation time like winter & summer holidays.
- No weekends because many participants believe that conference attendance is work.
- Aim a date near the weekend because traveling participants can stay behind to enjoy sightseeing.
Venue choice will depend on the –
- Technical features
Line up speakers
Choose thought leaders, who focus on your chosen conference theme. One well-known and valued speaker within the niche will offer credibility and other possible speakers will keenly sign up.
Start attendee’s registration
Have a professional website designed for the conference including a proper domain, necessary details, browsable conference program, and a registration form.
Market your conference
Now, you have a venue, speakers list, website, and clear conference program. The next step is to concentrate on conference promotion via every available channel – online and offline.